Anglian Water Implements an Integrated Knowledge Management Solution
Anglian Water embracing EIM as a way to manage structured and unstructured data and enable and integrate ERP and EAM processes across the enterprise.
- Information needs to be available 24/7 to employees to provide the best customer service.
- Rapid growth of structured and unstructured data from both internal and external sources.
- Stand-alone file storage system made it difficult to find information quickly and easily.
- Aging intranet had no common look and feel, much duplication and old content.
- OpenText Extended ECM for SAP Solutions and OpenText Application Governance & Archiving for Microsoft SharePoint connects Anglian's SAP processes with its Microsoft SharePoint intranet, providing the company with the integrated knowledge management platform it required.
- Anglian Water saving 4,500 hours of work time for its employees per week through improved maintenance and material management processes.
- Implemented corporate retention, archive and disposal policies and corporate naming standards in support of compliance.
- Enhance regulatory risk management by having a single point of truth for document history, versioning and audit trails.
About Anglian Water
Anglian Water supplies water and water recycling services to more than six million domestic and business customers in the east of England and Hartlepool. Anglian Water is the largest water and water recycling company in England and Wales by geographic area. For more information, visit: www.anglianwater.co.uk