OpenText Cloud Fax
Are you ready to leave behind the hassle of managing fax and telephony infrastructures, but concerned that moving to cloud fax will make your data vulnerable? Did you know that cloud fax can not only improve the efficiency and performance of your fax operations, but also help you better protect sensitive data and facilitate compliance?
Moving to enterprise cloud fax services can improve the efficiency, performance, and security of your current fax implementation. Our cloud fax solutions are built on the strength of the OpenText Cloud and enable you to add on cloud services at your own pace, where and when appropriate. They are supported by five geographically dispersed data centers and nine additional points of presence that create the largest faxing network in the world.
Modernize your fax infrastructure with OpenText Fax2Mail pure cloud solution or OpenText RightFax Connect combined with RightFax for a hybrid solution to help maintain security while reducing costs and management.
OpenText cloud fax solutions offer:
- Enterprise-grade security
- Automatic failover and built-in redundancy
- Data sovereignty
- Instant scalability
- Integration with ERP and other back-end systems
- Integration with MFP devices
OpenText takes pride in the reliability of its enterprise-grade cloud fax transmissions. OpenText possesses the industry’s most sophisticated, global cloud fax network - with multiple data centers featuring automated failover, as well as two Network Operation Centers (NOC) with failover capabilities.
OpenText data centers connect to more than one telephone carrier in case of failure at the original carrier; this capability is known as carrier diversity. The notion of carrier diversity is what makes the OpenText cloud network “carrier grade”. Carrier grade means that the OpenText cloud architecture is fully capable of supporting global, scalable, enterprise-class fax operations thanks to the following:
- Platform agnosticism; our services easily integrate with desktop applications and backend systems
- High availability due to 34 points of presence: 14 data centers and 20 co-locations
- Service uptime of no less than 99.5%
- 24 x 7 network operations center monitoring to ensure systems remain highly operational
- "Never-busy" fax network to ensure inbound deliverability
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that guarantee specific network performance requirements
OpenText understands that today’s global enterprise must be able to run around the clock. OpenText offers disaster recovery that ensures continuity of business-critical fax functions, particularly in the event of disasters or other "acts of nature". The OpenText cloud fax network utilizes the following to support Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR):
- Documented BCDR plans – 100% dedicated Disaster Recovery (DR) policies featuring the ability to immediately add capacity if disruptions in fax transmissions occur
- Proven BCDR scenarios – case studies showcasing a successful track record in handling various disaster recovery strategies and scenarios around prevention, response, and recovery
- On-going system monitoring – continuous analysis of systems to ensure peak network readiness, including regular system software and application upgrades
With service level uptimes at a minimum of 99.5%, the OpenText cloud fax network eliminates the cost and complexity of maintaining redundant systems for high availability and disaster recovery for fax transmissions.
OpenText is committed to protecting customers’ business-critical data, providing assurances through its Global Information Security organization. These assurances are designed to give customers the necessary security and compliance they need to address their respective industries’ most important regulatory requirements.
Secure Connectivity Protocols
Security protocols are vital in protecting customers’ fax data, particularly in transit. The OpenText cloud fax network is an environment made up of connectivity protocols that keep customers aligned with their most pertinent regulatory compliance mandates. There are two secure connectivity protocols that OpenText deems mission-critical for helping cloud fax customers meet best-in-class certifications:
- Secured web connections – OpenText supports a variety of protocols for the secure transmission of fax data such as SSL and HTTPS.
- Virtual private networks (VPN) – OpenText enables fax transmission across both shared and public networks, as if it were directly connected to a private network. All of this takes place as OpenText customers benefit from the functionality, security, and management policies of a virtual private network.
Security Policies and Procedures
Faxes typically contain highly sensitive information about business transactions and decisions. OpenText takes an active approach in promoting and executing activities for ongoing risk assessment. The idea is to make sure that all security standards, policies, and procedures assist in ongoing risk assessment. OpenText uses a comprehensive set of standards to protect its customers’ fax data in a fully secure computing environment that utilizes best-in-class security policies and procedures.
For more information on infrastructure and security, read the OpenText Cloud Fax Network Security Solution Overview.
The OpenText cloud fax network acts as a centralized information delivery center. Each phase of the delivery process is managed electronically and emphasizes data privacy throughout. The following is a list of compliance mandates OpenText helps customers adhere to as a result of a comprehensive security infrastructure offering.
SOC 2, Type II Security
The Service Organization Control (SOC), SOC2, Type II defined by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) is recognized worldwide as one of the strictest audit standards for service providers.
SOC 2 requires the audited organization to demonstrate that it meets and exceeds the industry’s accepted standards governing controls and protection of all hosted and processed data on behalf of clients. SOC 2, Type II reporting includes controls at service organizations relevant to five Trust Service Principles (TSP): Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, and Privacy.
The OpenText cloud fax network maintains a SOC 2, Type II compliance program for the following processing locations:
- Ashburn, Virginia
- Slough, UK
- Tinton Falls, NJ
- Tokyo, Japan
HIPAA is the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. It is a US Federal law that sets the standard for protecting the privacy and security of Protected Health Information (PHI).
OpenText helps drive HIPAA compliance, and is able to sign Business Associate Agreements (BAA) for the following services:
- OpenText Fax2Mail
- OpenText RightFax Connect
- OpenText RightFax Healthcare Direct
The OpenText cloud fax network maintains HIPAA compliance in both the Tinton Falls, New Jersey and Ashburn, Virginia data center locations.
PCI-DSS Level 1
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of data protection mandates developed by the major payment card companies and imposed on businesses that store, process, or transmit payment card data.
As part of their contracts with the card companies, merchants and other businesses that handle card data may be subject to fines if they fail to meet the requirements of PCI DSS compliance.
The OpenText cloud fax network provides PCI-DSS Level 1 compliance in the Ashburn, Virginia data center location.